Thursday, July 24, 2014

Rid of Diet....?

So - with my 10 week bootcamp I am only drinking water. (except on my cheat day - then a few DRINKS!)

BUT...

No coffee.

No diet coke.


Yes.  You read that right.  No coffee.  No diet coke.

I have read SO much about how bad diet coke is for you.  I don't know...sure.  It probably really is. But so are french fries, pizza, non organic stuff, corn syrup, even beer and wine.  The list goes on and on.

I'm not looking for a debate.  But I think EVERYTHING is okay in moderation.

I wasn't drinking a case of diet coke a day.  Some days I never even had one.  Other days, maybe 2 or 3.

But I'm trying.  I'm trying to rid my body of those "bad toxins".  Do I feel better?  I don't know.  I am sore and always hungry from working out every day! LOL but feel good because I'm eating healthy and drinking lots and lots of water (100+ oz a day!)

Have my headaches been better?  I don't see a change quite yet.  I've woken up with one migraine in the past 11 days. That's about average for what I have been having lately.

The first three or four days of the boot camp I had a headache every day - caffeine withdrawal?  Or just the toxins being released from my body with the workouts?  Who's to know.  I helped the headaches with Excedrin Migraine - so that has caffeine in it but not the aspartame and other artificial things.

We'll see if I can keep it up.  I know I will be so much healthier if I rid myself of the diet coke.  But when I do go get my Portillos or other fast food lunch or dinner (everything in moderation remember?  Or on my cheat day) WHAT will I have to drink?  Water?  Boring. But I guess I will try it!! Doesn't hurt....

I hope this will help the migraines.  Because it's a beautiful day when I don't wake up with a migraine at 3 or 4 am!


No comments:

Post a Comment