Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Crazy Month of May

The month of May is here! I should be delighted it's finally here. Warmer weather. Coming to the end of the school year (summer pool time!). And much needed vacation to see my dad in Arizona.

However...I am a couple days into the month and I'm wondering what I did to myself.

Besides school, my oldest son is already in soccer, cub scouts, piano lessons, and a gaming club at school. Now he's also in swimming lessons twice a month.

My youngest son is not only in preschool for three more weeks, but he's also now in soccer and swimming lessons twice a week.

AHHHH....

Crazy schedule every single day. I'm not sure why I did this to myself. I'm already struggling with keeping up with the boys' schedules, cleaning house, laundry, PTA duties, cub scout duties (did I mention I am a co-leader of my son's den?), getting dinner on the table every night and trying to do part time freelance work. Now my family will be lucky to eat dinner every night.

However my new goal in life is to look at the positive side of everything. There are too many negative people in this world and darn it, I'm not going to be one of them.

I am thankful my husband has a great job that helps us do all these extra activites without putting us in debt. And I am thankful that my boys love a busy schedule like I do!

And I am so excited to get my boys to really learn how to swim (I hope!) They both love the water and being in it, but drop them in the deep end and I'm not sure they'd survive. And that's what I want. Will they learn that in 8 lessons? I don't think so. But hopefully they'll learn the basic lessons of how to swim that we'll be able to use when we're in Arizona soaking up the sun at my dad's pool!

But who am I kidding? I HATE, yes I said hate, sitting around with nothing to do. I love a crazy, busy schedule and I wouldn't have it any other way. It makes me feel important and a successful mother, wife and woman.

Now, that doesn't mean I won't be glad when this month is over! I will be! But I will be reminding myself often, no matter how hard it is, it's another beautiful day!

1 comment:

  1. Suz, You Rock. I used to be the non-scheduled Mom and thought all was fine. Then, I began to become 'over-scheduled' in my old definition of that - and found some awesome traction for getting me moving and feeling more fulfilled. I know what you're getting at and I agree.
    Bring on the activities! Ones for me and ones for the kids.

    ReplyDelete