Thursday, May 26, 2011

Almost June?

Where has the time gone? Do you realize the year is almost half over...how many days until Christmas? It feels like it should be closer to winter than summer here today. It's in the 40s and rainy...hello!! It's the end of May!

Summer will come, right? We will have more than a couple days of warm weather right? We have a few 90s...then the temperature plummeted into the 50s. And rain...we've had lots and lots of rain.

Ahh...Summer. Last year I was panicked about it. Being home with my two boys...them fighting the entire summer. I had nightmares about it!

But it ended up being a great summer. As long as we keep busy, all is good. We'll be back at the pool this year - that helped...kept them separated a bit. And camps. Lots and lots of camps.

Between all of that and a few vacations I realized we only have about 4 weeks without anything planned!! I think it will go by so fast.

My youngest is already done with preschool. That ended last week. My oldest will be done with school in 11 days. They're counting down at school...actually so am I.

I am looking forward to our family vacations, the warm weather, getting a nice bronze look to my skin again (sorry I like being tan!) and squeezing in a few worksheets while we're at it.

My soon to be pre-K son wants to learn how to read. So we'll be starting with sight words this summer. We'll see if he and I have the patience to work together. I'm not going to push him hard...but we'll see where it goes.

And after spending $50 at The Chalkboard store, I hope my older son will be happy with his Presidential Puzzles workbook, math workbook and hidden puzzles book.

But our priorities this summer will be to have fun, relax and spend time with family and friends.

But first it needs to get warm and sunny. Then it will be a beautiful day! At least more beautiful than today!

No comments:

Post a Comment