Thursday, September 17, 2009

To Write or Not To Write...that is the question

So I have always wanted to be a writer. An author of a book. It doesn't matter what kind of book, it's just always been my dream. I have so many ideas, but can't quite bring it all together. I don't know what kind of book either. Intrigued about children's books - but there are SO many. Would love to write a romance novel ~ but would my husband wonder where all the ideas came from? LOL. And a mystery - not sure I could be that creative.

So, my local library is participating in the National Novel Writing Month. The idea is to write a 50,000 word novel between Nov 1 and Nov 31st. Trying to decide if I should take up the challenge. That's about 1600 words a day. Wow, that's a lot. And again, I have no idea what to write about...however - I think the challenge would be good for me - at least to start the idea and start my dream......oh to dream of becoming a published author - I already am technically....

Did my first magazine article last month. For a local magazine - I have worked with the editor in the past and when I lost my job contacted him about writing for the magazine. He gave me a shot and I wrote a great piece on local bakeries...which got published. It was so exciting for me...I felt like a child who got a 100% on a paper! And they have contacted me for the next issue, so I hope that work will continue. Have yet to receive that check...but I would have done it for free (just don't ever tell them that!)

So, back to the book. I have done some research and it has said to keep a notebook with you and write ideas in it, people you see at stores that you can use as characters. I might just do that, begin to brainstorm a bit more and start taking this dream seriously....

Ah, another beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment