Wednesday, August 7, 2013

15 days....

Yes I am counting down to the end of summer!  It has gone fast.  We have had a ball.  But it's time for it to be over.

It's not me, it's them (I swear!).  My boys are driving each other crazy.  They are sick of each other. They are missing their schedules, their friends, their learning (my oldest who will be in 5th grade didn't know how many hours it was from 11:30 to 1:30....he said 3!)  Time to go back to school.

And I only have 15 days to get them back on a good sleep schedule.  Gone are the nights that they stay up until 10 or 11 pm and sleep until 9 or 10 am....oh dear.

Luckily my oldest has art camp next week which starts at 9am each day, so it will be early to bed and early to rise which will help.

But as always, it's a beautiful day and I am thankful that I am able to enjoy the summer with them while I work from home.  I get up early (6am) and work for a few hours before we go do fun summer activities each day.  And there have been plenty of lazy days where we haven't even gotten out of our pajamas (and dare I say I just let them play on electronics all day which I surfed the net!?)

But the fighting, bickering and wrestling has got to stop.  I am looking forward to routines, schedules, soccer practice, piano lessons and after school clubs!

Wait, it's really 14 days and 17 hours! Ahh...it IS a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment